Ozone Zone is an independent book publisher specializing in top quality photo coffee table books of fine architecture and lush gardens in remote, often hard-to-access places.
It is managed by multi-awarded team:
Derek Galon- a veteran art photographer.
Derek Galon, son of a musician – as a small child loved spending hours under his dad’s grand piano, listening as he practiced for his upcoming concerts. This powerful experience of real “surround sound” determined his life choice – the arts!
He studied music, and also photography – requisitioned the family bathroom to serve as darkroom. Already in his teens, he won awards and exhibited works, while simultaneously continuing his education and giving concerts.
After arriving in Canada from Europe, he expanded his professional interests to include multimedia and graphic design. But music and photography still remain his strongest passion. He keeps photographing with an obvious eye for detail and an artistic feel for the moment – qualities vital both in music and photography- which for him began in those under-the-piano sessions.
Together with Margaret Gajek he published coffee table books on Caribbean subjects. He is a demanded freelance photographer offering location photography services to a select clientele. He is also passionate about art photography, constantly creating, displaying and winning international awards and medals. More about Derek’s work here.
Margaret Gajek – art historian, writer and researcher with decades of experience, passionate about art, architecture and gardens.
Margaret‘s interest in nature had its beginnings in the early days when, during frequent visits in her baby stroller to a near-by park, she displayed intense delight in the colourful display of flowers and plants. Another childhood impression – the sight of a church spire visible from her crib, started her fascination with architecture. The two together determined her future education and career.
Having graduated from university in Art History, she worked as a researcher, cataloguing heritage architectural treasures and writing articles on the subject – but all the while she remained keenly interested in nature and plants. After arriving in Canada from Europe further self-education in architecture, gardening and exotic plants, sent her travelling to various parts of the world.
Together with Derek Galon she runs Ozone Zone Books and authored award-winning books on Caribbean subjects. She also works as a freelance architecture/garden/travel writer.
Our titles are distributed in book shops of Canada, USA, Caribbean (Barbados, Grenada), UK and Europe, as well as major on-line book sellers around the world.
We also offer full palette of photography and publishing services, from amazing quality location photography with artistic edge, through other kinds of photography, to writing, designing and publishing – all in our award-winning, absolute top quality. See more on Our Pro Services page.
As we are passionate about the beauty of our World and about photography, we are also preparing international on-line Photo Salon – fine photo competitions for amateurs and pros alike. More info will be added soon.
Some of many fine magazines using our photographs and creative writing:
- Debbie Travis – Caribbean Charm April 18 2010 (published by press sindicate, Canada and USA)
- Luxury Home Quarterly, USA – Summer 2010 (main feature – 26 pages)
- Building Savvy magazine, USA vol.2 2010
- ZING magazine, UK (in-flight Liat airlines) (6 times, large features)
- Good Life Connoisseur magazine (Heat Wave) Summer 2010
- Trellis – Toronto botanical garden mag. Winter 2011, vol.38, nr 1
- Real Life – Premier Caribbean Magazine, Cayman Islands (6 times, large features)
- Pin Up magazine, New York (architectural entertainment mag.) June 2011
- Boulevard, Victoria, Canada Nov. 2011
- Petite Alternative mag (summer 2011)
- Canadian Camera (winter 2011)
- Maco – Caribbean Living (January 2012, large feature and cover)
- Vogue (2012)
- Daily Telegraph (2012, 2013 UK)
- Country Life (2013 UK)
- RPS (Royal Photographic Society) Journal (2013 UK)
Some of our RECENT CLIENTS include:
- Cap Maison Luxury Villa Resort – (St Lucia) #1 “Most Excellent Small Resort Award, Pacific, Atlantic and Caribbean” by Condé Nast
- Lane Pettigrew Architects (LPA Inc, Florida USA, St Lucia, Dominican Republic, Honduras) – multi-awarded Caribbean architectural firm
- Jalousie Plantation – Sugar Beach Estate Resort (St Lucia) – multi-awarded luxury villa resort
- Mount Hartman Bay Estate (Grenada) – renowned boutique hotel/luxury villa
- Fort Young Hotel (Dominica) – Dominica’s premier hotel
- Prickly Bay Waterside – luxury condos (Grenada) – award-winning modern condo project
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation (St. Lucia)
- Sotheby’s International Realty (UK) – luxury real estate agency
- Sotheby’s International Realty (Canada) – luxury real estate agency
- Pemberton Holmes (Canada) – real estate agency
- Sutton Group (Canada) – real estate agency
- Secret Bay boutique resort (Dominica) luxury eco lodging
- Little Arches boutique hotel, Barbados
- Villa Marco Polo (Victoria, BC Canada) – Condé Nast award-winning luxury B&B